Monday, March 30, 2009

Taking Some Tough Shots

This weekend Josh and I experienced some tough progesterone shots. Him on the giving end, me on the receiving end. On saturday night Josh played in a concert at church. I was already asleep by the time he got home and I had the shot out and ready to go for him to give to me. He inserted and checked to make sure it was not in a blood vessel like he always does but when he pulled it out this time, blood gushed out. It stopped after putting pressure on it but i think it startled us both a bit. I got a little woozy i think from just waking up out of sleep and seeing the blood but everything was fine. Then sunday morning Josh had to play at church and we woke up late so we didn't have time to do my shot and if we waited until Josh got home after playing at both services it would have been late. So i took the shot with me and during the service Josh and I went out to the van and he had to give me the shot there. It was interesting to say the least. It was not the most comfortable place to do this and with what happened the night before I think we were both a little apprehensive. We only hope no one could see through the windows in the van ( luckily they are tinted!). Please pray for us that the shots will get easier especially for Josh. He really doesn't like giving them and he said it's getting harder not easier. This inturn increases my anxiety abouth them. And we have a long way to go especially if we get pregnant. And if we don't get pregnant this time then we have to start this process all over again. We are excited about the outcome and we know it's worth it in the end. We are thankful for this opportunity but I think that it is just taxing on us both to have to go through so much for every child we want to have. We know God has a plan and I am not complaining but it's just hard sometimes. I am really working hard not to let the worry set in. The questioning of if this doesn't work, will we be strong enough to endure all of theses shots and medications and expenses again or if this doesn't work how will we be able to afford another domestic adoption? I have been doing pretty good at not letting these thoughts creep in but it's hard once I start to feel worn out. But I know God has a plan and we are just trusting in that. He doesn't make mistakes and He has never let us down before. I guess my prayer right now that I, and Josh can remember that during our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment