Saturday, March 14, 2009

Our Little Garden

Ever since we adopted Raegan I have thought about when and how we are going to tell her about her adoption. Josh and I both feel strongly that we want to be very open about her adoption from an early age. We don't ever want her to feel as if have hidden something from her. From talking to other people I don't think she is going to be upset by the fact that she is adopted. We have had her since the day she was born and we are the only parents she has ever known. And people tell me all the time that she is very attached to me ( well we are very attached to each other). So I am not worried about telling her, I just want to tell her in a way that she will understand.

Lately I have been thinking about how we are going to explain Raegan's adoption versus our potential baby from our embyro adoption. And I like analgoies so I began to think about our family like a garden. We adopted Raegan as a seedling. She was already "sprouted" but she was still very small and we had to care for her ever since the day she was born. Our embryo baby will be planted in me as a "seed" and we will carry for him/her as a seed until they " sprout" and that's how they will become a part of our family. We may adopt taller plants/flowers later on ( since we think we may adopt older children from foster care later on). But if you put us all together we are one big beautiful garden. The Smith Garden.

So I keep thinking about this adoption as our seeds of life adoption. These little embyros are tiny ( about the size of seeds or smaller). But they are full of life. They are God's creation. He knows them each by name. We are looking forward to our next adoption and we pray that God will continue to grow our garden.

So long story short, that is why we decided to title this blog "Seeds of Life". We will update this blog with more of the details of this adoption for those of you who are interested.

1 comment: