Sunday, March 22, 2009

Big Needle...not so bad

I had to start injections of Progesterone this morning. This is in oil and it has be administered with a very large needle. I have kind of been dreading it ever since I filled the order for the presciprion and saw the size of the needle. I knew Josh would definitliy have to give me this one! We both watched video demonstartions of how to adminster it and looked at a booklet given to me the fertility clinic. When I woke up this morning that was the first thing I thought about having to do. Luckily the first dose was to be given today which was a sunday and not a work day so we had plenty of time to take care of it. We went to the later service at church today so we had all morning. Luckily Raegan went down for a morning nap so we could take care of this without having to try to take care of her at the same time since she is in to everything these days. We got the needle prepared and I laid down face down on the back so that my muscles would be relaxed when Josh inserted the needle into the " upper, outer quadrant" of my backside. He was really nervous about injecting it. I am not sure if he was afraid he was going to hurt me or what but i was laying on the bed for quite a while before he actually jabbed the needle in. I told hiim to take his time and inject it when he felt ready. And then after all of the work up about it, I couldn't feel a thing! I honestly didn't even know when he put it in! Josh did a great job! But I don't think he is going to start pursuing a career in nursing anytime soon!



We have made all of our travel reservations and started packing. I have to work tomorrow so I tried to get as much done today as I could. We will still have last minute things to get together but we are pretty much ready to go and have Raegan and Kona ready for a trip to Grandma and Pop Pops!

No comments:

Post a Comment