Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Possibly Pregnant

I finally got a call back from my nurse at the NEDC this afternoon. Just as an aside Quest Diagnostics does not really take the STAT part of an order seriously. But anyway she had just received the lab results and she said that it was positive but a very low positive. The hcg value was 12 and I am not sure what the number on my progesterone was but she said that was excellent ( it should be with as much as I am having shot into my body twice a day). She said 12 is a low number but that to confirm a pregnancy it is not so much the number but how it is rising. I guess from a little research anything above a 5 is technically considered positive. So I have to go in for another lab draw tomorrow morning. And that result will be the determining factor of if I am to continue on meds,etc. for this cycle. So I have to say it was not what I was expecting. I was anticipating that it would be a no and that I would stop my meds today. But such is not the case at least not yet. So we have a few more days of waiting. We are continuing to pray that God would bless us with a baby. I had been upset for a couple of days as i had posted about in my last post. I was sure it didn't work and I was upset. But we had a really good message at church on sunday and I had some really good time talking to God yesterday and I am amazed at the sense of peace He brought me. A reoccuring theme that has been coming up is how God is my father, my parent. I have been reflecting on that and on how God wants me to treat Him like a parent. As I shared in my last post. I can't always give Raegan what she wants because it's not good for her. As a toddler she has a narrow focus and a narrow ability to understand the plans I have for her as a parent. Why did I ever think it was any different with God and I? It's not. He means it when He says He has a plan for me. Today I am trusting in that fact as He continues to reveal His plans to me and my family. He has never left my side and he never will. Today I am thankful that I am technically still pregnant. I am going to enjoy that for today and wait and see what God brings to me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment