Saturday, November 17, 2012

Settling In

Josh and I are back from Tennessee. We got back last night but still in time to see our little girls before they went to bed. We hit a lot of traffic coming back so it was a looonnng trip but it was all worth it of course. I intended to blog while we were in Knoxville but I never got around to it. I took advantage of my day "off" and rested all day after we got back from the transfer.

As we were driving down to Knoxville I really felt peace come over me. I really felt like God was telling me that He was going to expand our family with this trip but I also felt peace that I would be ok if that didn't happen. I saw a rainbow coming straight down from the sky as we approached Knoxville and it almost seemed like that was my reminder that God is in control and He has perfect plans for us. I hoped that the rainbow was pointing straight down and leading us to our "pot of gold".

The transfer went really well. They showed us our embies when we got there and they both appeared to be very healthy. One was graded expanding 3AA which is the best grading you can get and one had already expanded out if it's "shell" and it was graded an expanded AB which is also a very good grade. When we had Karis' transfer that was the only other time we had an AA graded embryo and look what happened! For some reason I felt like if we were shown an embryo graded AA that it was going to result in a pregnancy. But I don't really like to go on feelings. The transfer went well and this time on the ultrasound it was very clear to me where the embies were placed. It is always such a neat experience to watch the ultrasound as these tiny lives are being placed inside of me. I am thankful to have had this opportunity again to witness miracles.

So now we are back home and it's good to be back with our girls who we missed very much ( I don't think they missed us as much as we missed them). We are very thankful that they had a great time with Grandma and Pop Pop and proud that they both got good reports for behavior while we were gone. I have my first pregnancy test on the 26th and we are hoping for good things!

Thank you for all of the prayers! I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment