Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Little Pregnant

I got my lab results late this afternoon after many follow up calls to the lab. I thought for sure the nurse would tell me it was negative but she said it was mixed news. I had heard this before from the transfer before Karis' transfer. The beta hcg level was above 5 so technically I am pregnant but it was 13 which is very low. They like it to be above 50 at this point. This happened before and it ended up being a chemical pregnancy. When I looked up chemical pregnancy before I thought I remembered reading that it was just chemicals/hormones tricking your body into being pregnant but when I looked it up again tonight I discovered that a chemical pregnancy is just another name for a very early miscarriage. The odds are that this pregnancy won't continue to progress and my hcg levels will go down. But there is still a sliver of hope left. Maybe just maybe there is a baby trying to fight and hang on. I know the odds are stacked against me but I believe in God and therefore I believe in miracles. I will go back on monday for another lab test and they want to see the beta hcg numbers at least doubling within 48 hours. Right now I am just thankful that there is at least some hope left. I am going to enjoy being pregnant even if it's just for a few more days. And if it's negative on monday at least I will have had a few extra days to say good bye. Please join me in praying for a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment