Monday, December 14, 2009

A Great Sound

It has been a really busy last several days. My 30th birthday was on friday and we had something planned to celebrate each day since friday. It has been fun but I am tired especially considering I missed my nap yesterday and today. But today I got a great belated birthday present. I got to hear a our baby's heartbeat. We had our 6 week ultrasound this afternoon. It was supposed to be tomorrow but at the last minute I had to change locations so it ended up being a day earlier. They only saw one embyro on the ultrasound. This was a little bit of a surprise to us because everything seemed to be pointing to twins ( my doctor said he was even bettting on twins) but today they only saw one. It was a little sad to find that out because we wanted both of those embies to join our family but we know it's all in God's plan. For one thing it might be hard for my body to carry twins considering my history of back/spinal problems. So we rejoice that one of our embies is now in heaven and the other one is growing strong in my womb. It was really neat to have an ultrasound and actually see something on it ( through this process I have had countless monitoring ultrasounds and they are not nearly as fun!). We got to hear the heartbeat which was such a wonderful sound. It measured at 120 bpm. And they estimated the gestational age to be 6 weeks 3 days which is one day older than previously estimated so we are right on target for an early August baby. I know we still have a long way to go in this pregnancy but seeing the embie today and hearing the heartbeat was such a relief. We are looking forward to our next "viewing" in another couple of weeks. Thanks again for all of the prayers! I will post a picture of the ultrasound once I get it scanned but sorry folks I need to go to bed now!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news! I'm thrilled beyond words for you three (four)! Can't wait to follow your journey. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What WONDERFUL news :o) Such a great birthday present. We are so happy for you guys and we are going to continue to pray for you and your family :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a amazing gift!! I cannot stop smiling when I think about that little baby inside you!!

    ReplyDelete