Tuesday, January 5, 2010

9 Week Appointment

Today I went to my regular OB/Gyn for my 9 week appointment. This was my first appointment with my regular doctor. I took Raegan along with me and she was really excited when Daddy walked into the waiting room. Josh came from work and met us there so that he could be there for the ultrasound and to watch Raegan. They took me back right away and set me up for the ultrasound. The ultrasound was really amazing this time. The baby looked so much different from just 3 weeks ago. It actually looks like a baby! We could see it moving and the doctor did a 3 D ultrasound for us and you could see it's little face with it's hands up to it. It was a really cool experience. It was neat to have Raegan there with us too. I am sure she is too young to really understand what's going on but it was neat to have her there. We pointed to the screen and asked her if she could see the baby and she said "yeah!". But then later we asked her where the baby was and she pointed to the wall of baby pictures that was hanging in the office. She must have been wondering, "why do mommy and daddy think that there is baby on that screen? they are obviously on the wall". We got to hear the heartbeat again which was beating very strong at 185 bpm. The doctor said everything looked great. We met with him after the ultrasound and we discussed when future appointments would be, what hospital I would deliver at, etc. It's all starting to feel very "real" now. So it was a really good appointment. I have my next appointment and ultrasound scheduled for Jan 26th. They printed out some pictures but Josh put them in his planner for safe keeping so I will post them sometime after he gets home from work and scans them. I still need to post the 6 week ultrasound as well.

2 comments:

  1. Jen!!
    So glad to hear that everything is progessing well!! Sounds like a very healthy baby!! I was thinking and you know...Reagan(Feb) and this baby (August) are almost exaclty the same distance apart as Madison (March) and Avery (August) . I was so surprised by how much Madison understood about me having a baby and continued to understand over those 9 months. That is so great that Reagna was able to be part of her brother/sisters appointment and more to come!! Praying for you!! Hope to catch up soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see the Ultra-sound. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete