Friday, April 24, 2009

Dear President Obama, Please Do Some Research

I have really tried to give our new President a chance. I know there are a lot of people who really like him but I don't think it's any secret to anyone that knows me that I am not one of them. Some things he has said and done both before getting into office and now that he is in office have really hit me where it hurts. As someone who can't have children, his comment of " i don't want my daughters punished with a baby" and now as someone who is trying to become a mom to "orphaned" embyros through embyro adoption, his latest step of funding emryonic stem cell research has quite frankly made me quite mad. It makes me mad on a couple of levels, one being obvious, that he is disregarding embyros as being life. Last time I checked we all started out as embryos. But on a more practical level it makes me mad because I believe this step in overturning the funding of embyronic stem cell research was completely a political move. There is much more promise in adult stem cell research. Of course i want people with parkinsons and other diseases to be cured. But I don't want the cure to come at the cost of human life. And there are so many more breakthroughs with adult stem cell resaerch that the debate should not be going on anymore and embyronic stem cell research should certainly not be receiving my tax money! All the president had to do was a quick search on google and he would have seen that there is no need for the funding and we shouldn't be doing it anyway if it is going to cost human life. But apparently winning votes was more important to him than regard for human life in the earliest stages.

Recently Dr Oz shockingly told Oprah ( big Obama supporter) and Michael J. Fox ( big embyronic stem cell research advocate) about that the stem cell debate is dead becuase the promise definitely lies with adult stem cells. I hope President Obama was watching that day too. Here is the link if you are interested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDFJOzu9SyM&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment