Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Phone Consult

I had my phone consult with Dr Keenan ( the doctor at the NEDC) yesterday afternoon. It pretty much went the same way that it did as the other 2 phone consults prior to Karis' transfer. He is such a kind man and compassionate doctor and you can really tell that he is sincere when he asks how I am doing and Josh is doing with the news of the transfer not resulting in pregnancy. He said just like he said the previous two times when I didn't become pregnant that everything looked good, the transfer went well and it was just left in God's hands at that point. And I do completely agree. He asked if anything happened after the transfer and I mentioned the hives to him. He didn't seem concerned at all which was  a relief on one hand because that means he would have no reservations about us doing another transfer but on the other hand I kind of wanted him to be a little bit more concerned about it in case it did have an effect on the transfer. But I know he is busy and he doesn't have time to play medical detective for me so I can understand where he is coming from. Ultimeately I do believe God is in control just like he has always been. But I also think there may be some better ways that I can care for and prepare my body for the next transfer. And I don't want to discount the fact that I had a horrible reaction to something after the last transfer and based on the type of hives I got it is most likely autoimmune. I want to try to do everything possible to ensure that I don't have the same reactions next time. But I didn't even mention the gluten free diet to Dr Keenan. I am sure he wouldn't advise against it as overall it just means that I am essentially eating healthier with more whole foods. Dr Keenan also doesn't feel that I need to be tested for a progesterone allergy but he said that I could request a different type of oil this time. So it looks like we will be going back in November for another transfer and hopefully coming home with different results than this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment