Friday, November 20, 2009

Filling Our Mini Van

We have a mini van. I know there are still a lot of people who swear they will never drive a mini=van because of the stereotypes about minivans. I for one always wanted a mini van. My parents never had one and I wanted them to. I thought they were practical. You can get so many people in one car! My husband was one of those people who said " Iwill never own a mini van". Well guess what, after Raegan was born and we realized that our biggest car, a Vibe, was not big enough when we went on trips with our baby and our toddler ( our dog who acts more like a toddler than a dog), we got a minivan. We decided to get a minivan because we knew we wanted to have more kids. We prayed, Lord, we are getting this minivan so you can fill it with children. And my husband bought into the idea becuase the mini van we got was rather sporty and it even has a sports car engine so it doesn't " feel" like a minivan. That is still our prayer. " God fill our mini van with children".

Yesterday He blessed us with 2 little tiny lives that we hope will grow inside my womb and one day take up 2 seats in our minivan next to their big sister. Everything went well with the transfer. There were 4 embryos total but only 2 ended up surviving the thaw. The 2 that survived were very healthy according to the embyrolost. They receive scores and one had a AB score which is very good and the other one had an AA score to which the embyrologist said " you can't get any better than that". So we are hoping and of course praying that these two little ones survive. They again gave us a picture of them which is always my favorite part. But this time when they handed me the picture it felt different. Now I don't like to go on feelings. But it almost felt like I was laying in a hospital bed being shown our newborn babies for the first time. It felt really real this time, like this is it,these are our babies.

We are excited to see what God has planned. We know He already knows every detail of our life. I have been at peace throughout this procedure and it is my hope and prayer that I can remain that way no matter what happens. For now I am just excited to be able to get to leave Tennessee after I finish my bedrest of 24 hours and go to NC to see our precious toddler at her aunt and uncles house ( whom I think we still miss more than she misses us).

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Smitty. I hope the embryo transfer works. I'm praying for it! Take care of yourself and your embies.
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parying for you!!!!! I don't know who misses you guys more me or Christian lol :-)

    ReplyDelete