Friday, March 19, 2010

Saying "hello" to Daddy

Last night I got home from my small group where I had a conversation about how early you start to feel the baby kick and how long it would take before someone else could feel the kicks. We were talking about how it seems like someone would be able to feel it but really it's just us who is feeling it inside our "belly". I got home and I was laying in bed I could really feel the baby moving a lot. I told Josh she was really moving and so he put his hand on my belly where I told him I could feel her. He kept it there for about 30 seconds and after I felt her I asked if he felt that and he said "yeah". He pointed to where he felt the movement and sure enough that was the same place I had felt her. He was able to feel her move about 3 or 4 more times after that. It was funny that I had just had a conversation about it but I guess she is pretty active because Josh was definitely able to feel her moving or kicking or whatever she is doing in there. It was really an amazing time for both of us. I think the pregnancy is becoming more and more of a reality for us. I find it's still hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that I am pregnant. It has been such a journey for us and for about 3 years now I thought that I would never be pregnant. This process is no more special or less special than our adoption with Raegan, it is just neat to have a different experience. We are really blessed to be able to experience a growing family in so many ways.

1 comment:

  1. What a special time for you guys! I am so happy for you, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete